Dienstag, 3. Februar 2015

WEEKLY FOOD DIARY 2

Welcome to my second weekly food diary. I am glad that some of you seemed to like my first one from the previous week!
This week was a lot of healthy homecooked food, but there is a cheeky treat amongst it as well ;) . This shows I really don't eat "clean" all the time and love to have my occasional splurges.

That being said, let's get into it.


This was a vegan jerk stew I made last night for the first time. I got the recipe from an old Waitrose magazine and since I have never eaten much or cooked Carribean food, I was intrigued to try this. And I wasn't disappointed, it tasted amazing. I used butternut squash, kidney beans, pineapple and tomato and the sauce was made from coconut milk and jerk paste. I served everything with brown rice.




This was my breakfast from Saturday. I fancied something a little more special from my usual banana porridge so I had Dorset honey granola with raspberries and bananas and topped it with whipped cream, peanut butter and some walnuts. A heavenly combination!



This was a rather spontaneous quick lunch I made on a whim because I couldn't be bothered to cook. I simply took half an egg sandwich, leftover salad and topped it with spinach, mozzarella and kale pesto. Sometimes the simplest things are the best :)



This was a heart pancake my boyfriend made for me on the weekend. I wanted to make pancakes and prepared the dough, then realised it would take me ages to get ready, so he took over the cooking. So sweet of him , so I thought I would include it!



So this is the naughty treat I mentioned earlier, haha! To be honest, I never really crave pizza (I have a sweet tooth), but my boyfriend loves it, and it was a lazy Sunday so hey, why not! But it was me who chose the topping (Margarita, my favourite)! Oh, the brand is Doctor Oetker, by the way, it is the best frozen one out there in my opinion. 



We actually ended up sharing the pizza and I made a huge plate of raw carrots, turnip cabbage, green peppers and tomatoes, as you can see. I just like to get my veggies in! (and after all, it is all about balance)



Having been on an exhausting workout that day, I was still not completely full after the pizza and veg, and I craved a healthy dessert. I looked at what was in our pantry, and spontaneously whipped up this amazing dessert, which I will definitely make more in the future! It tasted so delicious. I simply cooked some millets for 30 minutes, let them cool for 5 to 10 minutes, and mixed them with 2 heaped tablespoons of raw cocoa, 2 tablespoons of honey, a bit creme fraiche and coconut milk. In the end I added some (unpictured) sliced banana and chopped walnuts. I highly recommend this dessert. It doesn't only taste great, but especially millet and raw cocoa are amazing superfoods for hair, nails and muscle repair.



This raw and super healthy low carb Pad Thai inspired salad is by the lovely Rose from The Londoner. I found it on her blog last week, so just google it and look at the recipes on the website to find the ingredient list. It is 100% raw and vegan and I made it for lunch one day. Unfortunately, it requires a vegetable spiralizer to achieve this 'zoodle effect', so I just just the vegetables into thin stripes which was fine, but now I really want a machine like this!



Last but not least, I decided to show you my typical everyday breakfast I have during the week. I cook porridge with oats, full fat milk and chopped banana (usually half). After simmering this mixture for about 10 minutes I serve it with peanut butter (100% without palm oil or sugar), walnuts and dried fruit (in this case apricots). This is my all-time favourite go to breakfast and it keeps me full until lunch time!

I hope you are having a great food week, and that I could inspire you with one or another meal idea!
Let me know what you had or what the food highlight was for you this week.





2 Kommentare:

  1. I really like these pictures and everything looks SO delicious. Great post.

    LEJA

    AntwortenLöschen